Thread: THE NAVAL CHRONICLES VOLUME 14

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Cool THE NAVAL CHRONICLES VOLUME 14

More really good stuff for free here. E-book at no cost loaded with a variety of original papers on nautical subjects circa 1805.

http://books.google.com/books?id=xnA...gbs_navlinks_s
    Last edited by Cmmdre; 06-09-2013 at 23:21.

This is really odd I can open this book but most of the rest I'm completely unable to read. Tried multiple different devices (2 laptops and two PC's) for say Corsairs of France no way to open the books. Anyone know if australian domain names (those ending in .au) prevent access to much of these due to Australian copyright laws? Very frustrating indeed!

On another note, it would be a good idea to have a single forum to post all these ebook links otherwise they are going to be impossible to find in a years time.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    On another note, it would be a good idea to have a single forum to post all these ebook links otherwise they are going to be impossible to find in a years time.
    Maybe a resource post for links with sub-forums for e-books, hobby/gaming, historical, etc...

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I suggest starting a thread entitled "List of Free ebooks" or some such thing, and then continually add new links to the original post. I started a similar one for shore scenarios, and will keep editing the OP as new ones come along. This way, viewers can go to one post and find all the links. When we find similar books, we can post them or PM them to you and you can add them to the OP.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I suggest starting a thread entitled "List of Free ebooks" or some such thing, and then continually add new links to the original post. I started a similar one for shore scenarios, and will keep editing the OP as new ones come along. This way, viewers can go to one post and find all the links. When we find similar books, we can post them or PM them to you and you can add them to the OP.
    That sounds like a good idea. I may get organized and track down all these various threads and consolidate into one.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. I may get organized and track down all these various threads and consolidate into one.
    As the community becomes more active with the release of the game, it will become harder for folks to find threads here; this is my experience on the Aerodrome. I think creating such a thread with links in the OP will prove invaluable, and will see continual activity, so it won't become lost. Another way would be for you to respond 10 times or so to your original post, with each response being an area of interest - American Revolution Books, Anglo-Dutch Books, etc. This way, you can edit each response with associated links over the years. One fellow on the 'Drome did that concerning plane releases; it is like reserving the top ten posts for you. He simply put a message in each post like "Reserved for future release". You could do the same, "Reserved for future links". Other threads could be "Links to Captain/Admiral Profiles" "Links to War of 1812" etc., each with several posts reserved.

Pretty soon, your nickname here might be "Link".

Keep up the good work Paul. Your contributions are very helpful and informative.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    As the community becomes more active with the release of the game, it will become harder for folks to find threads here; this is my experience on the Aerodrome. I think creating such a thread with links in the OP will prove invaluable, and will see continual activity, so it won't become lost. Another way would be for you to respond 10 times or so to your original post, with each response being an area of interest - American Revolution Books, Anglo-Dutch Books, etc. This way, you can edit each response with associated links over the years. One fellow on the 'Drome did that concerning plane releases; it is like reserving the top ten posts for you. He simply put a message in each post like "Reserved for future release". You could do the same, "Reserved for future links". Other threads could be "Links to Captain/Admiral Profiles" "Links to War of 1812" etc., each with several posts reserved.

Pretty soon, your nickname here might be "Link".

Keep up the good work Paul. Your contributions are very helpful and informative.
    Very good idea on the thread and thank you for the props.