Thread: What's on Your Workbench for April 2022?

Hybrid View

Landsman
    Netherlands

Log Entries
    Name
    Lex

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    I've completed the Dutch fleet for the battle against the Portuguese off of Goa. There's one extra ship which will not be in the battle; it's the Wassenaar (60 guns) which is a nod to the village of Wassenaar, which was my home for 9 years - long enough for a war, eh? The two pinnnaces, Bredamme and Franeker, are flagged for the VOC. The Wassenaar belonged to the Admiralty of the Maas, so I've given it the Rotterdam flag as its home flag. The Zierikzee has the flag for that city (red with a black lion). There's no reason I've given the VOC ships orange for the national flag. I just wanted some with the earlier version.

Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_0.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  121.0 KB Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_1.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  151.1 KB Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_2.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  150.4 KB Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_3.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  142.2 KB Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_4.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  175.3 KB Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_5.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  148.9 KB Name:  Dutch_Fleet_Final_6.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  164.0 KB
    impressive Paul! The ships and total fleet look awesome, My family originates from Franeker so nice to see a ship named after the town.
    (Rob pointed me to the tread, thanks Rob.)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I thought you would like these Lex. The Franeker connection is just a bonus I did not know about.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Opdam View Post
    impressive Paul! The ships and total fleet look awesome, My family originates from Franeker so nice to see a ship named after the town.
    (Rob pointed me to the tread, thanks Rob.)
    That’s cool, Lex. Glad you liked the ships. I should replay the Goa battle but I’ve been waiting for the complete Mad for War rules to be published.