Hybrid View

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Your post made me think of those old wish lists for new sculpts. Sails are still a bit too large and doesn't really fit small ships, but that doesn't stop us from trying.

In what I would like to see from Ares in new sculpts is actually what's been discussed a year ago or so. True merchantmen that's more for the use as objectives than a fighting force and a Xebec or two. I would like to see a flat deck brig as small as they can make it. It could also be remade into a corvette by us who like to mix things up, which would be nice. Just taking the masts from the corvette we have and exchange them for the masts on this brig would quite easily give you two new ships.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

As a member of the tinker with ships club I like your idea also Jonas.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    Your post made me think of those old wish lists for new sculpts. Sails are still a bit too large and doesn't really fit small ships, but that doesn't stop us from trying.

In what I would like to see from Ares in new sculpts is actually what's been discussed a year ago or so. True merchantmen that's more for the use as objectives than a fighting force and a Xebec or two. I would like to see a flat deck brig as small as they can make it. It could also be remade into a corvette by us who like to mix things up, which would be nice. Just taking the masts from the corvette we have and exchange them for the masts on this brig would quite easily give you two new ships.
    Jonas, the British Cruizer-class brig also had two hulls built with full ship rig (HMS's Snake and Victor, one later converted to standard Cruizer brig-rig), so that sculpt would almost perfectly address your needs if Ares tooled both ship and brig mast-sockets into the same hull.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.