Threaded View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Continental navy will be a welcome addition and one I'll be going for as I have more of an interest in smaller ship actions than fleet actions with SOG. Just need to decide ona cost effective method of making SOG-compatible bases.
    Take a hunk of balsa, glue paper fire/sail arc sheet to that, glue clear plastic or overhead-transparency sheet cover on top of that?

My main hesitation here is I'd like to see some coordination about "Ships Ares Won't Likely Do." Canada scratches our Bately 74's, don't recall if there's a Royal Oak/Alfred or a Ganges in the mix but I don't see Ares giving us another Common 74 sculpt (it's gonna be enough getting MIddlings and Larges, even with my proposed shortcut!) so those two additional Commons would be safe plays.

It occurs to me that for the ships Ares can't do themselves, Henry might be in an ideal position to fill the gap on those too. Things like gun-brigs and around 200-250-ton sloops and schooners, stuff below the 28m deck-length floor.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 11-28-2020 at 09:56.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.