Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new Wave 4 Ships are up for pre-order on the AA site!

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Default The new Wave 4 Ships are up for pre-order on the AA site!

I know many of you have been waiting for these ships to go on pre-order. They are finally up on the AA site, near the bottom of the page (they are in SKU order).

Name:  SGN116C.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  80.9 KB
    Name:  SGN113C.jpg
Views: 1311
Size:  80.5 KB
    Name:  SGN114C.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  81.7 KB
    Name:  SGN114B.jpg
Views: 1259
Size:  82.1 KB
    Name:  SGN114A.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  82.4 KB
    Name:  SGN115A.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  86.5 KB
    Name:  SGN115B.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  86.3 KB
    Name:  SGN115C.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  84.7 KB
    Name:  SGN116A.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  83.3 KB
    Name:  SGN116B.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  80.3 KB
    Name:  SGN113A.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  80.4 KB

Make sure you read the descriptions carefully to get your free bonus items!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Keith, just so you know there's some controversy about a scale mis-match between Waves 1/2 and Waves 3/4--apparently, the first two and the Specials were a bit oversized, and when Ares brought in a new engineer he decided to "change horses" and tack to exact 1/1000 rather than going with the established precedent.

I just checked the Bahama model against the draught rescaled to 1/1000, and it was almost bang-on. Meregildos is the right overall size, but the stern gallery is too vertical and there are some minor deviations at the bulwark top-line.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for the heads up Keith.
    have a good break.
    Order forthcoming.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Nice to know.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Has anyone actually tried to order anything yet?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Yup but no extras mentioned so only ordered a couple

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I got on O.K. If you go to the more info window on the particular ship it tells you about the extras.
    The problem I found was that it would not complete my payment.
    Kept asking me to register, and then did a loop back to the same page rather like when you don't have cookies enabled.
    Rob.

Something happened to the shipping costs to Germany.

24,50 $ for two ships...
    36,50 $ for three ships of the new wave...

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

Only $57 (USD) for 5 to Australia.............

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

My order of $187 had $97 for shipping added. However, I like to support the Anchorage when I can.
    Rob.

Rob, please recheck this.

Can't imagine that the shipping cost went up that much...

Unfortunately the Oberst is absent the next two weeks.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Keith, just so you know there's some controversy about a scale mis-match between Waves 1/2 and Waves 3/4--apparently, the first two and the Specials were a bit oversized, and when Ares brought in a new engineer he decided to "change horses" and tack to exact 1/1000 rather than going with the established precedent.

I just checked the Bahama model against the draught rescaled to 1/1000, and it was almost bang-on. Meregildos is the right overall size, but the stern gallery is too vertical and there are some minor deviations at the bulwark top-line.
    As stated elsewhere I'm effectively done with Sails of Glory, but I'd be curious to know the actual scale Waves 1, 2 and the Specials are at? Irregardless of scale I think the earlier models are significantly more attractive then anything in Wave 3 (or 4). Also, inaccuracies with Wave 3 sail representation is clearly being carried forward in Wave 4 so that pretty much killed any interest I had in future Ares ship models.

Perhaps it's time they rethink their attitude toward ship cards and give up on the models entirely? I definitely would purchase Waves 1, 2 and special ship cards (and Waves 3 and 4 if they correct some issues with sails).
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Comte de Brueys View Post

Can't imagine that the shipping cost went up that much...
    The more I think about it...

Payed 24,50 USD for 4 WGF scouts and 2 WGF biplanes with the last order.

Can't imagine that 3 wave 4 SOG ships will cost 36,50 USD.

Maybe something went wrong with the calcuation of the ship's package size.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Not sure about this Sven.
    We will have to await Keith's return.
    Rob.

Checked it at Aerodrome Accessoires.

The shipping cost for 2x Argonauta and 1x Bellona is 24,50 USD

The shipping cost for 1x Agamemnon 1x Bucentaure and 1x East Indianman is 36,50 USD.

So my theory about wrong input package sizes could be true.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

I'm on board for the pre-order, got my bonus smoke markers.
    I'm not so picky about the imperfections as a reason to stop buying these irresistible little ships.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I have taken the pragmatic view that if there are some anomalies in size, it gives me an excuse to mix them with my Langton models. IO have spent far too much to back out now, and with DB working his butt off to give us ships which we can use by re naming and rating them, it would seem churlish of me to give up now.
    Rob.

The HMS Agamemnon is a "must have" like the Bucentaure, but I want to clarify the new shipping cost before placing an order...

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

I too am not fussy about the imperfections they all look good on the table and do not need painting and assembly to game with, out of the box onto the table

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I'll look into the shipping charges when I get back from vacation and extend the Bonus offers to account for the hold up as well.
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Ordinary Seaman
    Italy

Log Entries
    Name
    Franco

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    I'll look into the shipping charges when I get back from vacation and extend the Bonus offers to account for the hold up as well.
    Thank you for your work and help.

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    shane

Finished my 1/1000 scale Santisima Trinidad. Then it will be clear off the gaming table and set up the area and ships.
    Last edited by stuh42asl; 08-30-2017 at 13:12.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Hi Shane.
    Any chance of a photo of your Santisima Trinidad?
    Rob.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

There was an error in the shipping calculations. I've made the necessary corrections and it is now charging the correct (lower) amount.

For anyone that has already ordered, I can refund you the difference in shipping when they actually ship out or we can cancel your current order and place a new one. The choice is yours, just let me know via this thread, PM, or email at bkupton AT comcast.net

Sorry for the issues and thanks for supporting the store!

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    shane

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Hi Shane.
    Any chance of a photo of your Santisima Trinidad?
    Rob.

Able Seaman
    Canada

Log Entries
    Name
    shane

Yes , Just gotta get by camera wound up:) You know old technology.............I have to put my gerbels in the wheel to power it. :)

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

No idea whether the postage on y order is correct or a bit over, entirely happy for you to evaluate when the order goes out :)

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Welcome back First sea Lord.
    like Dave I am happy to go along with the order being sorted when you send it out.
    Rob.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stuh42asl View Post
    Yes , Just gotta get by camera wound up:) You know old technology.............I have to put my gerbels in the wheel to power it. :)
    Just try to ensure you don't get your Gerbils caught in the spokes of the wheel Shane.
    Bligh.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    There was an error in the shipping calculations. I've made the necessary corrections and it is now charging the correct (lower) amount.

For anyone that has already ordered, I can refund you the difference in shipping when they actually ship out or we can cancel your current order and place a new one. The choice is yours, just let me know via this thread, PM, or email at bkupton AT comcast.net

Sorry for the issues and thanks for supporting the store!
    Just deal with mine when it ships Keith.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Any sails on the horizon?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Only two days to the end of August Paul.
    I sense a feeling of deja vu here shipmate.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Strangely, I tried to take advantage of the sale to by some more smoke clouds tonight, but it did not register any discount when it was asking me to confirm for Paypal. I swear it worked just the other week, and it still says the sale is on at the top of the screen?

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Strangely, I tried to take advantage of the sale to by some more smoke clouds tonight, but it did not register any discount when it was asking me to confirm for Paypal. I swear it worked just the other week, and it still says the sale is on at the top of the screen?
    May be all smoke and mirrors Dobbs. Drop Keith a PM about it.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

Any word Keith when the new ships are going to be released?

Able Seaman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alan

The GenCon report on Ares' website now mentions a September release.
    I've heard a rumour of the delay due to a production mistake which I hope is a certain sail.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by twsl View Post
    The GenCon report on Ares' website now mentions a September release.
    I've heard a rumour of the delay due to a production mistake which I hope is a certain sail.
    Boy, that would certainly make them more appealing to me! I've been wrestling with how to tweak those three jibs on the Indiamen.

I haven't heard anything from Keith about my smoke cloud conundrum, and when I went back to see if it had fixed itself, the less expensive shipping option is gone...

Able Seaman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alan

I can overlook the inverse jibs and I don't think a lot of people would notice until it was pointed out.
    Having seen the pics of the boxed merchant at GenCon I don't think that has been rectified.
    I'm hoping any delay is to fix the 80 gun before release.

If this is not the case, what are others planning to do?
    1] Leave it
    2] Modify/cut it
    3] Buy another ship just to replace the sail (unless you already have spares)
    4] Buy a Langton sail set

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I will chop it off Alan.
    Rob.

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

On the ARES sight it says wave 4 ships are new ships. Does that mean they have finaly been release?

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by twsl View Post
    I can overlook the inverse jibs and I don't think a lot of people would notice until it was pointed out.
    Having seen the pics of the boxed merchant at GenCon I don't think that has been rectified.
    I'm hoping any delay is to fix the 80 gun before release.

If this is not the case, what are others planning to do?
    1] Leave it
    2] Modify/cut it
    3] Buy another ship just to replace the sail (unless you already have spares)
    4] Buy a Langton sail set
    My intention is to remove, reverse and reglue as I have done with the others with this mistake

Midshipman
    Australia

Log Entries
    Name
    Alastair

Any word when we are going to see these ships? its now late September

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am afraid that even Andrea could not tell us anything at the weekend Alastair.
    I hope to get mine before Christmas this year!
    Rob.

Ordinary Seaman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    lankin

Hi folks,

at a german shop (spiele-offensive.de) you can find the Info that it's estimated at the End of December :(
    I hope it will be earlier.

best regards
    Frank

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

That would bugger up my plans to collect from my US friends in November :(

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Is it just me or do Ares seem to be determined to scuttle their own ship. The more we do on here to keep afloat, the more holes appear in the hull.
    Rob.

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

No Rob, its not just you

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    That would bugger up my plans to collect from my US friends in November :(
    Name:  mafia-biz-orig.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  164.4 KB

Could you please elucidate us on collect from your US friends.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

The co-chair of the NATO specialist team that I run is bringing them over for our next get-together. At least that was the plan when I was under the impression they'd be on the streets in October

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Fingers crossed hoping for a delivery before the New Year.