Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Is that beautiful tree an Acer Bill?
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Rob.
    Yes it is! We have quite a few types of red maples in the area -- mixed with the yellows of the oaks it makes for very pretty hillsides this time of year. BTW -- here's a photo from this morning -- we have the remnants of an overnight fog on the water. On nights like last night we go to sleep to the sound of the fog horn periodically sounding across the water.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clearwater 23.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	51193

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Magical Bill.
    It reminds me of early mornings over Lake Conniston.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Rob.
    Rob,
    Here's an example of the Red Maple I mentioned to you previously. This one is in front of my place (as is the Acer). I passed a stand of five tall Red Maples in a row on a drive today -- they were beautiful with the sunset playing off them -- regrettably there was no where safe to stop to take a photo. So this one will have to do! We have Yellow Maple as well -- together they make for a lovely fall.

Name:	Red Maple.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	51334

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Simply splendid Bill.
    The trees we saw in the States will always stay in my minds eye, and that was in early Summer.
    Many years ago a friend of ours who lived in New England told us of the magic of the Fall there.
    This is just the sort of thing i imagined.
    Rob.

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Simply splendid Bill.
    The trees we saw in the States will always stay in my minds eye, and that was in early Summer.
    Many years ago a friend of ours who lived in New England told us of the magic of the Fall there.
    This is just the sort of thing i imagined.
    Rob.
    Although the fall colors here are past their peak, here are a couple of photos taken at a vantage point about one quarter of a mile from my place -- try to imagine how vibrant the colors were about 10 days ago and you'll understand why people in the N.E. United States rhapsodize about the fall here. BTW -- during the War for Independence (known as the American Revolution over here) the Royal Navy sailed past this point in force to sack and burn Kingston-- the 18th century capital of New York colony (just around the bend in the river). I posted the 18th century RN after action report in the historical section of this site for those interested in that action.

Name:	Hudson River Valley Fall photo 2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	51408

Name:	Hudson Valley fall photo 3.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	51409

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thank you for that Bill.
    Mrs Kyte will also love those colours.
    Rob.