View Poll Results: Which Is You Favorite Movie?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Captain Horatio Hornblower 1951 - Gregory Peck

18 12.50%
  • Damn the Defiant! 1962 - Alec Guiness

3 2.08%
  • Billy Budd 1962 - Peter Ustinov

1 0.69%
  • Horatio Hornblower TV Series 1998-2003 - Ioan Griffin

35 24.31%
  • Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World 2003 - Russell Crowe

87 60.42%

Thread: Which Movie Is Your Favorite?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    I would love to see Russel Crowe and Paul Bettany reprise their roles as Aubrey and Maturin in a sequel or prequel.
    I don't think it will happen. Back in 2010 Russell Crowe was pushing to do a sequel but Peter Weir was not wanting to do another. There was some talk of the Fox studios perhaps doing one, but that's been some time ago and it seems everyone may have given up on the idea. The original movie did OK at the box office but not to the extent a sequel was financially appealing. In my opinion todays public is just not that interesed in realistic (with some leaway given for entertainment) historical movies. Things like Pirates of the Caribbean capture the publics fancy.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I don't think it will happen. Back in 2010 Russell Crowe was pushing to do a sequel but Peter Weir was not wanting to do another. There was some talk of the Fox studios perhaps doing one, but that's been some time ago and it seems everyone may have given up on the idea. The original movie did OK at the box office but not to the extent a sequel was financially appealing. In my opinion todays public is just not that interesed in realistic (with some leaway given for entertainment) historical movies. Things like Pirates of the Caribbean capture the publics fancy.
    Pirates of the Caribbean over Master and Commander - I want to weep.