Thread: The fleet continues to increase.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    It is not the effect I tried to describe. Your sails don't have the the surface of a sphere. That effect cannot be done in brass sails, unless you go to a smith to make the shape into a sphere.
    They have the surface of several cylinders not of a sphere. Fabric doesn't work that way. There's not much you can do about it unless you get cast sails.
    Ah Jonas, but you can. Use a marble to shape the sail. Vary the marble size for the sail size. Small ball bearings work for the smaller sails. Brass or paper, makes no difference. Once the shape has set it is a simple matter to straighten the spar edge to glue to the spar. Cast sails look too thick, cloth would not be that thick at this scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Ah Jonas, but you can. Use a marble to shape the sail. Vary the marble size for the sail size. Small ball bearings work for the smaller sails. Brass or paper, makes no difference. Once the shape has set it is a simple matter to straighten the spar edge to glue to the spar. Cast sails look too thick, cloth would not be that thick at this scale.
    I will try your marble method with the Warlord cardstock sails.

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    I will try your marble method with the Warlord cardstock sails.
    I hope this help you too.

https://www.facebook.com/62437686760...4585533225098/