Hybrid View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

She really is looking great, Chris.

Seeing the sails from one of your other ships in the background in the top closeup makes me wonder how she would photograph, when finished, with a scenic backdrop. Have you ever taken such photos?

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    She really is looking great, Chris.

Seeing the sails from one of your other ships in the background in the top closeup makes me wonder how she would photograph, when finished, with a scenic backdrop. Have you ever taken such photos?
    Not really, I took these when i first made the USS wasp. I never got around to doing any of HMS Juno. (before anyone mentions it, i know the Wasp being a Yankee ship would not have had Royal Marines onboard, I took a bit of artistic licence there, though i never went as far as flying the Union Jack from her.)

Name:  Chris-Ship-5.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  97.3 KBName:  Chris-Ship-10.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  342.5 KBName:  IMG_0084.JPG
Views: 1502
Size:  498.9 KB

Though nearly all of the images you see on this thread are snaps from my iPhone while i'm sat at my desk. I am actually a professional photographer, though my pictures normally involve people or buildings rather than scale model ships. Once the Victory is finished i'll take some proper images of it, that can show it off properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    Not really, I took these when i first made the USS wasp. I never got around to doing any of HMS Juno. (before anyone mentions it, i know the Wasp being a Yankee ship would not have had Royal Marines onboard, I took a bit of artistic licence there, though i never went as far as flying the Union Jack from her.)
    Actually you could be historically correct with British figures...and reflagging her with British colors. Wasp was captured by the British and served in the Royal Navy for a short time until she was lost at sea.

Here's a link with some information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wasp_(1807)

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Actually you could be historically correct with British figures...and reflagging her with British colors. Wasp was captured by the British and served in the Royal Navy for a short time until she was lost at sea.

Here's a link with some information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wasp_(1807)
    I'm confused. Do we know if the Langton USS Wasp is the 1807 one or the 1813 one? I'm going to figure it's the one that became the HMS Peacock, but don't know that for certain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wasp_%281814%29

Nevermind. I just checked Langton's website and the description fits for the 1807 sloop of war. The subsequent USS Wasp had a more illustrious career, but was also lost at sea.