Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Today I got my next Xebec on the stocks.
    Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Today I got my next Xebec on the stocks.
    Rob.
    Rob, I may have missed it but how are you building the extended stems on these xebecs? I went to look at the first xebec post in the June Workbench thread but didn't see it mentioned.
    Last edited by Volunteer; 07-18-2020 at 14:40.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
    Rob, I may have missed it but how are you building the extended stems on these xebecs? I went to look at the first xebec post in the June Workbench thread but didn't see it mentioned.
    Vol.
    I am cutting away the stern and then using plasticard and plastic weld glue to rebuild the deck and rails.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Vol.
    I am cutting away the stern and then using plasticard and plastic weld glue to rebuild the deck and rails.
    Rob.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I get the stern and you did explain that process earlier. My question is about the process for extending the stem in front of the ship. Same process? If so I am amazed they are turning out so nicely.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes Vol. Exactly the same proceedure. Cut out the rough. Clean up, glue and fit it. Then using the side of a scalpel, rather like you would use a scraper, just refine the shape until it conforms exactly to the lines of the hull.
    Rob.

Yes Vol. Exactly the same proceedure. Cut out the rough. Clean up, glue and fit it. Then using the side of a scalpel, rather like you would use a scraper, just refine the shape until it conforms exactly to the lines of the hull.
    Rob.
    You obviously have a ton of patience my friend

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Not so much patience Vol. More time on my hands my dear chap, what with the lockdown.
    Rob.