Thread: Pondering the limits of the game

Hybrid View

Honestly, I have not been overly excited with the series 1 ships. However, the Hebe class model and all the possibilities for British 38's really peaks my interest.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    Honestly, I have not been overly excited with the series 1 ships. However, the Hebe class model and all the possibilities for British 38's really peaks my interest.
    +1 The selection of the frigates in series 1 has caused more than a little head scratching in some quarters.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    tom

In my opinion the inclusion of frigates as part of the series 1 ships was logical. Ares wasn't creating a major fleet action game, they were trying to create a well rounded game that was centered on history. There were quite a few more frigate and sol battles in history then major fleet actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    +1 The selection of the frigates in series 1 has caused more than a little head scratching in some quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by tmon View Post
    In my opinion the inclusion of frigates as part of the series 1 ships was logical. Ares wasn't creating a major fleet action game, they were trying to create a well rounded game that was centered on history. There were quite a few more frigate and sol battles in history then major fleet actions.
    I believe what David is saying, as was my inference, is not that there were frigates in Series 1, but which frigates were selected.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I believe what David is saying, as was my inference, is not that there were frigates in Series 1, but which frigates were selected.
    Quite correct :)

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Get the one-offs out of the way first; then move on to "mass-production" designs. :)