View Poll Results: Which age-of-sail traditional war-games do your prefer to play?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wooden Ships and Iron Men

28 50.91%
  • Close Action

7 12.73%
  • Flying Colors

9 16.36%
  • Frigate (SPI)

2 3.64%
  • Other

14 25.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which is your favorite age-of-sail traditional war-game?

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzen View Post
    Wizkids Pirates! :)
    My condolences... I too used to play it, it started out really cool and then devolved to Powergame Munchkinry--and if you didn't attend every Con and win every tourney to snag the LE's and Exclusives you were up the creek with no paddle in any format other than Sealed.

Axis & Allies War at Sea had its Munchkin Hell moments too, but it was a game that had many good points too and died a premature death.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    My condolences... I too used to play it, it started out really cool and then devolved to Powergame Munchkinry--and if you didn't attend every Con and win every tourney to snag the LE's and Exclusives you were up the creek with no paddle in any format other than Sealed.

Axis & Allies War at Sea had its Munchkin Hell moments too, but it was a game that had many good points too and died a premature death.
    This is why I am *VIOLENTLY* opposed to any policy which allows "Real World" advantages beyond "being a better player" to come to the gaming table -- the inevitable result is "power decks" and "Mr. Suitcase".