Thread: Photo Etched Brass Ratlines

Hybrid View

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Michael

I will post some pictures after a few more tries! I think I have the Blacken-It issue solved. Now I have to learn to be more careful with the superglue.

1. Glue the top of ratline under the top first
    2. Don't bend or force anything into place
    3. Use only a little superglue to attach the shrouds
    4. The lower mast shrouds are a little easier to fix to the chains. The upper shrouds are very delicate and the four shroud lines almost need to be glued individually to the top

I have accepted that there will be many casualties and that practice alone will help you get it right eventually. I don't think spray painting is the answer, nor necessary if your are careful with the Blacken It. I am also convinced the final results will be very worthwhile.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mdavis41 View Post
    I will post some pictures after a few more tries! I think I have the Blacken-It issue solved. Now I have to learn to be more careful with the superglue.

1. Glue the top of ratline under the top first
    2. Don't bend or force anything into place
    3. Use only a little superglue to attach the shrouds
    4. The lower mast shrouds are a little easier to fix to the chains. The upper shrouds are very delicate and the four shroud lines almost need to be glued individually to the top

I have accepted that there will be many casualties and that practice alone will help you get it right eventually. I don't think spray painting is the answer, nor necessary if your are careful with the Blacken It. I am also convinced the final results will be very worthwhile.

Can't wait to see them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.