Thanks a lot for your kind words. Creating that island was a pleasing experience indeed.

I just played a game featuring this terrain piece. It was not a great experience, however. I made plenty of mistakes when I set up this "scenario"

-The play are was way too big for four ships.

-One lone, large island in the center of the table was not a great set up.

Name:  imagengeneral.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  123.4 KB

In the end, both fleets spent the evening dancing around the island and no cannonballs were shot. The experience itself was a failure.

It seems this kind of island, while small in real life, is a very large piece for Sails of Glory and, as such, it should be used not in the center of the table, splitting the battlefield in two, but in the edges of the playing field, reducing the surface of the gaming area without functioning as an obstacle for fleets to meet head on.

Next time I will try to restrict the playing surface to 90*90 or 90*60 if possible, with terrain on the edges, not the center.

And to get more terrain to use near the edges of the board, I will try to build the Ille du Terre, but I am realizing I need more "really small islands" and reefs. Any suggestion?