Hybrid View

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Well, that i know, but if you look at the numbers, DB, there are something like 3 firepower difference between the British and Spanish three deckers...

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    Well, that i know, but if you look at the numbers, DB, there are something like 3 firepower difference between the British and Spanish three deckers...
    True, amigo. The word of the day for Ares Spanish is "Full Metal MUNCHKIN." Personally, here's how I'd stack-and-rack the Three-Pluses:
    *Tier 1: >120 guns 4-d Santissima Trinidad, slightly stronger than Ocean but much slower and less maneuverable
    *Tier 2: ~118-120 guns Oceans, HMS Hibernia, Caledonia/Nelson classes
    *Tier 3: ~110-112 guns HMS Ville de Paris, Commerce de Paris class, most Spanish threedeckers
    *Tier 4: ~100 guns most British First Rates, handful of "midsize" Spanish 3-deckers
    *Tier 5: (existing HMS Britannia as "base stat model") British Second Rates, Spanish 90/94's
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.