Thread: Photo Etched Brass Ratlines

Hybrid View

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Here's one side of the HMS Bellona completed. Unfortunately, I did not follow the cardinal rule of carpentry; measure twice, cut once. Somehow I managed to get SGN102 ratlines on the Bellona, which is an SGN104B ship. I didn't really notice any major issues until I got to the lower set for the mizzenmast. Then it was obvious that a match up wasn't exact and I know Keith was very exact in his measurements. I'm going to complete the ship with the other half of the set, but I do have a question for Keith.

Are the upper ratlines supposed to go from the outer edge of the fighting tops up to the bottom of the next level fighting tops? That's my assumption based on how the Langton ratlines work, but on those you could also move them closer in, essentially resting on the platform.
    No Jim,
    You are right. from Bulwark to mast under the fighting top. Then from edge of fighting top to mast under the 2nd top. they look very nice Jim
    Be safe
    Rory

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    No Jim,
    You are right. from Bulwark to mast under the fighting top. Then from edge of fighting top to mast under the 2nd top. they look very nice Jim
    Be safe
    Rory
    Thanks Rory. Your fast reply is much appreciated.