Thread: Interview with Ares about Sails of Glory

Hybrid View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

That's more than I'll be buying, Rob. SoG: Fantasy Pirates is as "sit it out" to me as WoG: T&T. If they do historical ships, I might snipe only those, but no fantasy stuff.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    That's more than I'll be buying, Rob. SoG: Fantasy Pirates is as "sit it out" to me as WoG: T&T. If they do historical ships, I might snipe only those, but no fantasy stuff.
    The conversations I had with Ares suggested that they were looking at subjects from the "Golden age of Piracy" (think 2Black Sails" for a visual reference) rather than anything fantasy based. Which I think would be good news. First because "its pirates" and there is a natural attraction to the subject matter, and (b) because if the stat system is scaled correctly then the SOG system works very well for small ship actions, which is what you'd be looking at here. So a scale change needed not only in the models but also in the stat range. Personally I could see it doing very well (Oak and Iron is selling well, it would be a natural competitor with the added advantage of pre-painted models) and probably a well needed shot in the arm for SOG and hopefully a gateway to new releases for the Napoleonic / 1812 range. If its going to work though they need to think of it in a similar manner to WOG WW1 and WW2 - same basis system, but distinct to reflect the individual circumstances

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Thanks for that extra insight Dave.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.