Thread: Official Accessories

Hybrid View

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I am reading through the rules and thinking about which ones I will use for the upcoming demo game. During next week, I will make the associated player aids we discussed the other day. I look forward to sharing those with all of you and to getting some feedback for improvement. I will post the final version as a file. When I use the player aids at Rock-Con, I will ask the players what they found helpful in them, or whether they used them at all. I will make adjustments accordingly.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Japheth

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I am reading through the rules and thinking about which ones I will use for the upcoming demo game.
    If you want some unsolicited advice (Who doesn't? ), this is what I would do (and plan to do with local group) with a con group.

Standard rules, raking, continuous fire, no special ammo or just grape and ball, no pre-guaging wind direction. Use only the one part of the 'backing' maneuver card. --- I would probably find a gel or gum sticker (the kind that come off easily and don't damage cards) to cover the other end of the card so there is no confusion.

If the table was large and had about 6+ players per moderator helping them. I would make these changes to keep the gameplay quick and deadly - No forward planning of maneuvers (basic movement, but using the veer stat). Maybe take out continous fire and use basic rules for firing.

Of course, this is just what I plan to do and don't know what your situation is. However, I would appreciate any feedback before or after so I can adjust what I plan. I will be running a game with 4 friends, but I also plan to run one of the local game groups as well and that may have 8+ people playing.