Thread: What's on your workbench for June?

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Yes they are Vol. I got a pack of a hundred from him the year before Sven did The Nile at Doncaster. I still have about fifty left.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Yes they are Vol. I got a pack of a hundred from him the year before Sven did The Nile at Doncaster. I still have about fifty left.
    Rob.
    Dang they are nice! You are fortunate to to live so near Julian and have easy access to all of the cool stuff he sells. The postal costs are prohibitive to Washington.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Had a bit of a setback over the last few days. Suddenly become alergic to the fumes from the Superglue. Every time I use it I suffer a sort of nazal reaction like very bad Hayfever that lasts about two days. I really have to find am alternative before I can finish gluing my guns in place and the rest of the houses. Any good ideas will be welcome.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Had a bit of a setback over the last few days. Suddenly become alergic to the fumes from the Superglue. Every time I use it I suffer a sort of nazal reaction like very bad Hayfever that lasts about two days. I really have to find am alternative before I can finish gluing my guns in place and the rest of the houses. Any good ideas will be welcome.
    Rob.
    While it wont work in all modeling situations I often use two part epoxy glues. There's still a smell so that might well trigger your allergic reactions too, but it's not as strong as any of the super glues?
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am thanking you a lot today Jim.
    I will pop into B&Q which is open and get some tomorrow.
    In the meantime here is what I pulled off today between sneezing fits and runny eyes.
    Mostly today I have beed painting windows.You may notice some of the town buildings are not stuck down yet, hence the funny angles. They were as far as I got before the glue got to me yesterday.
    Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Bligh; 06-10-2020 at 15:50.