Thread: A couple of solo games using 'Powder Monkey' solo rules

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    Germany

Log Entries
    Name
    Sebastian

Thanks for the AAR, it was a nice read. I also discovered, to my dismay, the AI to be fairly competent.

During the read, I was asking myself if you are applying the damage counters in the correct way. In picture 11/32, the first volley against the Commerce de Marsaille, you covered three solts with three chits, although no chit exceeds the burden of the commerce and only one ox should be filled yet. Was this only to visualize the damage taken?

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Thanks for the AAR, it was a nice read. I also discovered, to my dismay, the AI to be fairly competent.

During the read, I was asking myself if you are applying the damage counters in the correct way. In picture 11/32, the first volley against the Commerce de Marsaille, you covered three solts with three chits, although no chit exceeds the burden of the commerce and only one ox should be filled yet. Was this only to visualize the damage taken?
    Hi Hobbes, the chits were correct during the game, unfortunately in the pictures they were stacked (my fellow players dont turn the stack over when the box is full! - despite me telling them its clearer!) As we were using the advanced rules, the first 3pt fire marker filled the first box despite the CDMs burden being 6. In retrospect, the chits would probably have been better laid out for the pics? - my bad!

I am glad other players are enjoying the solo system too!
    Last edited by Herkybird; 01-20-2015 at 16:03. Reason: More detail