Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

It is funny that you should say that Neil, because I have always played the double shot on first fire only because I never find ships have time to reload doubled in the thick of battle.
    If reducing a ships stern to a hulk at the end of a battle with nothing else going on I may relax this a little.
    Leander, for instance had so much time to wander around the fleet before coming up with the Santa Ana that I allowed her the liberty of using double shot again. My general consensus, however would be that if one ship is doubling, then any other ship on whichever side, AI or not, if it has time to load should be allowed the same privilege.
    Rob.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Hugh

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    It is funny that you should say that Neil, because I have always played the double shot on first fire only because I never find ships have time to reload doubled in the thick of battle.
    If reducing a ships stern to a hulk at the end of a battle with nothing else going on I may relax this a little.
    Leander, for instance had so much time to wander around the fleet before coming up with the Santa Ana that I allowed her the liberty of using double shot again. My general consensus, however would be that if one ship is doubling, then any other ship on whichever side, AI or not, if it has time to load should be allowed the same privilege.
    Rob.
    As the custom ai rules currently try to get ships as close as possible, I think starting all AI ships with double shot makes sense. That gives the player more incentive to maintain range, which is much harder than plowing into them. It will also help balance those first turn barrages that we throw at the ai that tend to win games before they begin. Or we could simply ban double shot, or have it as a captaincy or crew skill that needs to be earned?