Thread: Favourite Nautical related tipple.

Hybrid View

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by Herkybird View Post
    I think I will pass on this for the mo, my mum has been in a care home for 3 years now with Dementia, and has now got pneumonia. She is expected to pass away today or tomorrow.
    A bit of a blessing really, but still rather sad.
    I have only just seen this on this thread. Not one I follow. I understand you as my Dad made the same journey 18 months ago. He was lucky and only had 4 months in a home. I was happy for him to go. I had lost the man called my farther a long time ago. All the things I know he did not want to happen to him, happened. This made me sick and sad. My Mum has moved on and we can remember him as he was before Dementia. It kills all around the person with it. We are now free to think of the good times we all had. Hope you and yours do too.
    I send my love to you all.
    Be safe
    Rory

2nd Lieutenant
    Great Britain

Log Entries
    Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Devsdoc View Post
    I have only just seen this on this thread. Not one I follow. I understand you as my Dad made the same journey 18 months ago. He was lucky and only had 4 months in a home. I was happy for him to go. I had lost the man called my farther a long time ago. All the things I know he did not want to happen to him, happened. This made me sick and sad. My Mum has moved on and we can remember him as he was before Dementia. It kills all around the person with it. We are now free to think of the good times we all had. Hope you and yours do too.
    I send my love to you all.
    Be safe
    Rory
    Thanks for your thoughts, This has been a long haul, at times, you wonder how you coped! I am focused now on the fact that this is as bad as it gets, and the route back to happy-land is ahead