Thread: Hobbies other than AoS

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Cory

So most, I see, play historical war games, but does anyone play anachronistic/steampunk? By that I mean Dystopian wars, Leviathans, weird war two, Tannhauser, Incursion, secrets of the third Reich?

My older son enjoys Tannhauser and if I play that he'll indulge me in a game of incursion. Any other games out there of interest?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CHolgren View Post
    So most, I see, play historical war games, but does anyone play anachronistic/steampunk? By that I mean Dystopian wars, Leviathans, weird war two, Tannhauser, Incursion, secrets of the third Reich?

My older son enjoys Tannhauser and if I play that he'll indulge me in a game of incursion. Any other games out there of interest?
    I still like the concept and game Leviathans, but locally the game is pretty much ignored and not supported at the stores. Catalyst Games hasn't exactly done a great job on continued support either. They're talking about another Kickstarter this Fall to help bring out a new set of factions (Germans and Italians), but their track record on KS isn't inspiring. Looking forward to the Firefly board game at the end of the month. I demoed it at GenCon and enjoyed it (75/100 on some reviews). Also played Pandemic, which was an awesome coop game.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by CHolgren View Post
    By that I mean Dystopian wars, Leviathans, weird war two, Tannhauser, Incursion, secrets of the third Reich?
    Only one of those I've seen played locally is the first one. _Leviathans_ is too complicated, and requires too much "bespoke" kit. The rest are either long-OOP, or get even-worse support.

I must confess to being tempted by _War Rocket_, if for no other reason than: Finally, a space combat game which *doesn't* use the Naval aesthetic....

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    I must confess to being tempted by _War Rocket_, if for no other reason than: Finally, a space combat game which *doesn't* use the Naval aesthetic....
    I must confess that I am tempted by their look alone. See David's blog entry and pics - really cool stuff: http://dtbsam.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/War%20Rocket