Hybrid View

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

By the way, that pistol was fired at 25 meters.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    By the way, that pistol was fired at 25 meters.
    I am not really surprised at that Jonas. When we first fired our Muskets we expected that all the stories about the inaccuracy of the Flintlock and the uneven bounce and bad casting of the balls to be true.
    With no prior experience, we all scored hits within the heart area on a dummy at 25 yards, got it in the torso at 50 without fail. It was only at over a hundred yards that some misses started to occur. I know that standing on the range is not the same as firing from the moving deck of a ship to the moving deck of another, but then we were not marksmen nor firing into the brown of massed seamen on a crowded deck.
    You should have seen what a 12 gauge musket ball did to a 25 mm thick Oak plank at 25 yards.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.