Thread: Foam Storage trays

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Say Keith, I didn't measure all of them, but for the Frigates wouldn't a 2.5" tray be better than a 3" one? Less overall space plus less tipping?
    I don't think 2.5" would work on SOL's without bending the mainmast or at least making it hard to remove from the tray safely.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I don't think 2.5" would work on SOL's without bending the mainmast or at least making it hard to remove from the tray safely.
    Which is why I very specifically said, "for the Frigates."

I'd like to have a 3" tray for SoLs and a 2.5" tray for Frigates, assuming all Frigates are less than 2.5" tall on their bases as the 3-4 I've measured so far are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Which is why I very specifically said, "for the Frigates."

I'd like to have a 3" tray for SoLs and a 2.5" tray for Frigates, assuming all Frigates are less than 2.5" tall on their bases as the 3-4 I've measured so far are.
    I should quit scanning and start reading.

But if I'm not mistaken, Keith said that he would match his molds to the individual ships. And if he follows suit with WOG, he will make them as they are released(2 Frigates & 2 SOL's) so far. So he would need 3" trays.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I should quit scanning and start reading.

But if I'm not mistaken, Keith said that he would match his molds to the individual ships. And if he follows suit with WOG, he will make them as they are released(2 Frigates & 2 SOL's) so far. So he would need 3" trays.
    Good to know, however Keith was going to work with me on custom sized foam that fits my Blue BF Bag. I was referencing that in my query to Keith. It was a thought that occurred to me on the fly with my reply to Fred (I chose to put it first so Keith would see it) and I put it here instead of an email just as a heads up to him about what I was thinking. I wasn't meaning for it to take over this discussion, and in retrospect I should have just kept that query private.