Andy, I like the idea, but I am inclined to have all the money go to charity, with the winner getting some other type of prize, for example a plaque. I think folks would enjoy it more knowing they are benefiting a charity, and it keeps the game friendly in that the absence of financial winnings tend to ease undue competitiveness. Unlike raffles and things of that nature, a game requires actively beating someone else. Cash prizes could be used for other games, but if charity is involved, I would make the focus charity. To extend the game, folks can start with lighter ships, progressing to heavier ships as their previous ones are sunk. This is similar to how Keith ran the tourney at Origins with players moving from early- to mid- to late-war planes. They could buy in for as many ships as they want, but they have to play them in order. If I play for an hour, am sunk, and want to return 2 hours later, I come in at the next level of ship from my last one. This would keep someone from joining only at the end in an attempt to be last one standing. They would have a seriously outgunned ship.