Thread: Black Seas

Threaded View

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Over the weekend I picked up a couple of sprues of the ships for Black seas, one of each from the starter set.
    The models are quite nice and flat bottomed as you would expect.
    Building seems simple enough although there are a couple of pieces that I am not sure about as there were no building guide in the magazine and nothing yet on Warlords website as yet.

The brig models measure up around about the same size as Ares frigates and so
    I was looking to maybe use them as another class of frigate, then I saw the obvious reason why not, they come as two masted ships, so to be a fully rigged version a rear mast will need to be added, oh well.
    However they could be used as merchantmen, yes still missing the rear mast for a rigged ship but as eye candy for a merchany convoy I think it would work.
    I am almost certain evil bay will soon be selling individual sprues so maybe able to pick up some extras to make up a convoy of say 6 -8 vessels. Thats my theory anyway.

The frigate seems to be a much better option for us. The dimensions are very close to using as a Razee 74/64 to a large frigate or even as a different class of 74’s. The sprue comes with three different sterncastles and three different figureheads so a single sprue could be made up into one of nine different ships, this gives a great varition.
    I will look further into this model to see what best way it could be utilised in our game as there does not seem to be anything on the horizon from Ares
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 10-01-2019 at 04:41.