View Poll Results: In Which Navy Would You Have Served?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Britain

44 40.00%
  • France

8 7.27%
  • United States

34 30.91%
  • Spain

6 5.45%
  • Other

18 16.36%

Thread: In Which Navy Would You Have Served?

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

I guess it would be British, possibly for patriotic reasons but mostly because I worked in Portsmouth for a while in my younger days and during that period I was to be found not infrequently in a harbour side pub, The Still and West if memory serves drinking Gales Ales . Therefore I would probably have been bopped over the head at some time and pressed aboard one of HM Ships , although I'm not sure what use they would have found for a computer programmer.

2nd Lieutenant
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    I guess it would be British, possibly for patriotic reasons but mostly because I worked in Portsmouth for a while in my younger days and during that period I was to be found not infrequently in a harbour side pub, The Still and West if memory serves drinking Gales Ales . Therefore I would probably have been bopped over the head at some time and pressed aboard one of HM Ships , although I'm not sure what use they would have found for a computer programmer.
    Ships Master or Purser I to have sat out-side that pub, whiching the world (ships) go by. Looking into the harbour at the masts of H.M.S Victory and The Warrior, thinking how it would have looked 200 plus years ago.
    Be Safe
    Rory