Thread: The fleet continues to increase.

Hybrid View

Julian, I have been away for a while, but I do try to visit on the occasion. Every time I do, you have more eye candy to view. Thank you for sharing your work. It is very inspiring!

I have delved into a couple of those kits myself just for the fun of modelling. Wow! I need to study some of your techniques to help my own projects.

You stated where you got the ratlines, and I seem to remember these being mentioned earlier too. Is there a site in English that shows these products? ( I am deficient in Polish, I am afraid.)

Keep the pix coming, they are awesome!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Kangaroo View Post
    Julian, I have been away for a while, but I do try to visit on the occasion. Every time I do, you have more eye candy to view. Thank you for sharing your work. It is very inspiring!

I have delved into a couple of those kits myself just for the fun of modelling. Wow! I need to study some of your techniques to help my own projects.

You stated where you got the ratlines, and I seem to remember these being mentioned earlier too. Is there a site in English that shows these products? ( I am deficient in Polish, I am afraid.)

Keep the pix coming, they are awesome!

Thanks again!
    Hello Erin,

I glad you enjoy my works.

I add two option for buy.

Ratlines made of brass. Brand Meridian. https://navymodelsandbooks.co.uk/pro...mponents-list/

Brass ratlines are good but has some troubles when I have use them. The first is that to get fine and well scaled ratlines you have to sacrifice in security. Security of not bending them in the placement process. Therefore I recommend this option if you are good worker for these jobs with brass. Otherwise you would have to use very thick brass ratlines that I personally don't like. There are people who don't care about this. If you buy these ratlines you will have to write an email to Meridian to let them know if you want thin or thick ratlines.
    Another problem I have had with this brand is that its ratlines are a bit short and do not reach the point where they should arrive. It is not that it is an excessively bad problem but I am too perfectionist and for the price that these things cost I demand that they fulfill their mission.

Ratlines made of nickel silver. Brand Mikrostocznia. Nickel silver is a brass alloy with nickel and other metals that improve the mechanical properties of the metal. In this way you can make very fine ratlines but with a high hardness. I have personally opted for this option since I am looking for a product that does not take me long time to add at the model and that guarantees durability.
    The way to buy this product is to go directly to the Polish seller on Facebook. He speaks English perfectly, tries to avoid complex phrases to make communication with him easier. I am speaking with him in English and I had no problems.

Their prices are:

Ratlines for 1st and 3th rate. 7.5 euros
    Ratlines for frigates. 5.5 euros.
    Ratlines for brigs. 7.5 euros (for 4 brigs each kit)

Plus shipping cost.

I hope it helps.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

With those paintings, even more to go on.
    Thanks.

Also good to hear from you again Erin.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.