Thread: 1:300 HMS Victory by Langton

Hybrid View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    I can see from these pictures how the black comes through a bit on the Ochre. I agree with you, it adds a nice touch or feel to the wood look.

Very exciting watching this take shape.
    I think so. In an ideal world I would add weathering effects to the hull, but that goes beyond my painting skills. This way at least gives some relief to the colour.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Moideeb View Post
    I think so. In an ideal world I would add weathering effects to the hull, but that goes beyond my painting skills. This way at least gives some relief to the colour.
    It really does. It has me thinking about how primer can be used for more than preparation for painting. Do you think the same effect would take place with pewter minis?

I received the Tumbling Dice minis this week. I will try my hand next weekend. It should be fun. They are awfully small, though.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    It really does. It has me thinking about how primer can be used for more than preparation for painting. Do you think the same effect would take place with pewter minis?

I received the Tumbling Dice minis this week. I will try my hand next weekend. It should be fun. They are awfully small, though.
    I would think so. If you use a black primer, then that's a great base cost to let show through where you want it. I look forward to seeing how they look.