Thread: Naval Action-PC Game in the Works

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    While I haven't had much time to play Naval Action recently I did just see that the company that's working on it's development has recently put up another Early Access simulation on Steam. It's a follow up to their Ultimate General: Gettysburg game, which has received many positive reviews.

This latest entry is called Ultimate General: Civil War. Currently on sale on Steam. No plans for any kind of naval action as far as I've looked so far?

http://www.ultimategeneral.com/ultim...ral-civil-war/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/502520/

Cheers.
    I just bought the game and finished up my first battle a couple of hours ago! Lots of postivie reviews and some good you tube videos helped me decide to set away from Naval Action and start this one. Same developer who did the Gettysburg game - Nick Thomasidis (sp) who did Darthmod for the Total War series. The emphasis on this new title is the campaign mode, but there are also historical battles as well. The scale is brigade vs. regiment for UGG. The tactical level has been improved and the campaign element brings in logistics and strategy. The campaign is not just battles strung together but the player is managing his officer career and army as well. $25 on sale is a bargain and does not take up massive disc space either. On the whole it feels more like a finished game than an Early Access game. The big element missiing is multiplayer which in the earlier game was added at the very end of development.

Oh and Jim - Big new feature in NA - land in port battles to go with the new conquest system.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Just had a look at this game Jim, and quite like the look of it.
    I used to enjoy playing Gettysburg until my Computer was upgraded and it was no longer compatible.
    For £29 it seems like it is worth taking a punt at it.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Rob.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    I just bought the game and finished up my first battle a couple of hours ago! Lots of postivie reviews and some good you tube videos helped me decide to set away from Naval Action and start this one. Same developer who did the Gettysburg game - Nick Thomasidis (sp) who did Darthmod for the Total War series. The emphasis on this new title is the campaign mode, but there are also historical battles as well. The scale is brigade vs. regiment for UGG. The tactical level has been improved and the campaign element brings in logistics and strategy. The campaign is not just battles strung together but the player is managing his officer career and army as well. $25 on sale is a bargain and does not take up massive disc space either. On the whole it feels more like a finished game than an Early Access game. The big element missiing is multiplayer which in the earlier game was added at the very end of development.

Oh and Jim - Big new feature in NA - land in port battles to go with the new conquest system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Just had a look at this game Jim, and quite like the look of it.
    I used to enjoy playing Gettysburg until my Computer was upgraded and it was no longer compatible.
    For £29 it seems like it is worth taking a punt at it.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Rob.
    I couldn't resist the sale price, or the subject matter. I've not started it yet, but reading more reviews on the discussion page makes it appear this was a sound purchase.

Eric, I've only poked my head in the door of Naval Action a couple of times in the last few months. With more than 700 hours into the game I'm not exactly thrilled about the impending wipe they've announced. While there are rumors of some compensation the time and effort I've put into crafting a number of First Rates that are just going to go "poof' does not make me happy at all.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb