Thread: 3D Ship Files / Kickstarter

Threaded View

Ordinary Seaman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    That is fine Henry. Im so used to having to mend booms and masts on Ares ships that a lanthorn ot two would not bother me at all, but I can see that from your viewpoint with a reputation to build up, you would not like an adverse press at the onset. I think that offering the models at the 1000th scale will be a good move on your part for those of us who wish to complement our fleets with those ships not covered by Ares. I am especially keen to get my Dutch Fleet underway.
    my best wishes for the New Year to you.
    Rob.
    Speaking of the Dutch, I've had a bit of a Dutch day!

A customer who I sold some prints to when I (briefly) offered to fulfill physical orders, sent me these pictures of my Dutch 74 - he has it fulfilling the role of Hornblower's HMS Sutherland in this diorama:
    Name:  XOCHv1i.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  54.6 KB
    Name:  egfNzZJ.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  58.1 KB

And, furthermore, today I began work on a Dutch frigate for my Anglo-Dutch range:
    Name:  uHDv3x2.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  60.5 KB
    Name:  uzel2v1.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  46.2 KB

The final somewhat exciting bit of news, too - I spoke at length with a model manufacturer and he was really urging me to consider commissioning resin/pewter production of my ships and selling physical products. He walked me through how he did it himself and, well, it all seems rather achievable! I'm sorely tempted to make my next naval Kickstarter an attempt to weigh-in with generic ships - perhaps starting with, say, a Leda-class, Temeraire and Tonnant.

However, I'm not sure if that'd be of interest to you guys? I'm assuming that my value is more as a potential provider of niche ships that Ares hasn't covered - and that's rather at odds with producing ships with mass appeal that will sell enough to cover their production costs. I'm happy to do both, however, as it doesn't seem like digital design and selling physical miniatures are mutually exclusive occupations :)
    Last edited by HenryTurner; 12-31-2020 at 08:56.