Quote Originally Posted by Volunteer View Post
Thanks guys, and thanks for the rep points Rob. Are these battle sails what you had in mind Rob?

Jim I could devote more time to the hobbies and wish I could. But at this stage of my life I am more concerned with staying active and mobile. Sitting for long hours bent over a desk painting and rigging frankly hurts these days. So I spend most of my days moving around, taking walks, working out, doing honey-do list stuff, outside and inside maintenance chores, etc. The hobby time is limited to one hour at a sitting max. This can occur more than once a day, but sometimes it is only a half hour before I start to stiffen up and have to move. Such is my life.
I can empathize completely with your situation Vol. I'll be hitting 69 this year and I avoid sitting in place for too long for the same reasons you've shared. It was only recently that the doctors told me the stress from being hunched over models may impact tinnitus in older adults. Having cut back on the modeling time has reduced that problem as well as eye strain and some other issues too. Getting old does suck at times!