Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
Wow amazing work Vol!!

Have you given a thought to modifying the set of the spanker?

It is one thing that bugs me about the Warlord models. The effect is noted in your photos above. The gaff and boom jaws are too thick and the spanker is incorrectly sized to fit on the mizzen properly. Thus you see all the Black Seas ships with a giant gap between mast and sail where there should not be one. Normally the spanker or driver would be attached to the mast with hoops, or on a snow rig to a separate spar (see Niagara. No reflection on your great work just the way Warlord modelled the rig.
Thanks Eric. I agree, the things I like least about the Black Seas ships are the masts and sails. The hulls are nicely detailed. I may just scratch build masts and sails on future BS models. That may be a while though. I just took a commission fom Gunner to kit bash four SOG ships for him. I'm working on the Ville de Varsovie now. You know, three out of the four ships he sent me have the spanker/driver sail blowing in the opposite direction as the jib and fore stay sails are billowing. What a wierd mistake for Ares to make! Am I the only one to notice this?
Name:  20200525_113809.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  126.5 KB