Thread: The Treasure Ship

Hybrid View

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Really nice report and pics, nicely done.

Rules questions, you cant have raking shots unless you use the full broadside, no raking bonus for firing forward or rear sections.
    So it would only be 3 chits if you fired the forward section. Yes if with double shot and within half ruler range it would be A and B damage chits.

Second question, the water fills the boxs before you can pump water so it does strike, take it as though the crew are too busy to fight and strike to make sure they can use all hands to stop the ship sinking, it was considered bad form and very ungentlemanly to renage on a striking, although there are recorded instances of this happening. So really up to you if you want a house rule, but damn bad form sirrah
    Last edited by Capn Duff; 09-04-2019 at 04:34.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Duff View Post
    Really nice report and pics, nicely done.

Rules questions, you cant have raking shots unless you use the full broadside, no raking bonus for firing forward or rear sections.
    So it would only be 3 chits if you fired the forward section. Yes if with double shot and within half ruler range it would be A and B damage chits.

Second question, the water fills the boxs before you can pump water so it does strike, take it as though the crew are too busy to fight and strike to make sure they can use all hands to stop the ship sinking, it was considered bad form and very ungentlemanly to renage on a striking, although there are recorded instances of this happening. So really up to you if you want a house rule, but damn bad for sirrah
    Thanks Chris
    Raking Shots - duhh, I didn't see the "line of sight from the central dot", my excuse is the text is too small for my eyes

Striking - your answer makes perfect sense, there will be no ungentlemanly acts on my table or I'll hold the Captain to account.

Thanks for the info.