Thread: Photo Etched Brass Ratlines

Hybrid View

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

The rest of my Wave 1 ratlines showed up while I was gone. I've not had a chance to open them and check that all is okay yet. Hopefully today.

I'll start designing Wave 2 ratlines some time this month. I've just been to busy dealing with things since the actual ships showed up. I'm not sure if I'll stick with brass or switch to SS for Wave 2, but I'm thinking a ever so slightly thicker metal could be used with out ruining the great looks of these lines. That would make them a little easier to work with I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just didn't want to be seen as the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" and get too far off topic.

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Kipp

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll stick with brass or switch to SS for Wave 2, but I'm thinking a ever so slightly thicker metal could be used with out ruining the great looks of these lines. That would make them a little easier to work with I think.
    You certainly have my vote.!
    Thicker - would also alleviate some of the 'rough handling' at conventions and/or after too much rum.

Quote Originally Posted by kippryon View Post
    You certainly have my vote.!
    Thicker - would also alleviate some of the 'rough handling' at conventions and/or after too much rum.
    +1. I agree with Kipp.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

The rest of my Wave 1 ratlines showed up while I was gone. I've not had a chance to open them and check that all is okay yet. Hopefully today.

I'll start designing Wave 2 ratlines some time this month. I've just been to busy dealing with things since the actual ships showed up. I'm not sure if I'll stick with brass or switch to SS for Wave 2, but I'm thinking a ever so slightly thicker metal could be used with out ruining the great looks of these lines. That would make them a little easier to work with I think.
    I'll most likely purchase them whether they're brass or stainless steel, but the sturdier ss ratlines would help in the initial application and help firm up any mast issues at the same time. I can't recall if you said there was a cost difference between the two metals?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Keith, you're probably still trying to catch up and/or recover from Origins, but will the rest of the ratline stock go up on the Anchorage store soon? Or, did you sell out again? Thanks much!