Thread: Solo Campaign Development Discussions - July to Sept. 2014

Hybrid View

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Coming late to the party, sounds like fun.

Is that 8 captains for one nation?

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Coming late to the party, sounds like fun.

Is that 8 captains for one nation?
    Yes - one nation. This way, as captains go down or are out due to injuries, you'll have other captains to fill in. I will develop a spreadsheet to be shared via googledocs, tracking successes, injuries, fatalities. I will also develop rosters for the AI fleets players will go up against.

As captains (players and AI) score victories, they will gain abilities akin to ace abilities in WoG. We'll play two three-month mini campaigns this year to play test rule sets. In January, we'll kick off a year+ campaign that will be thematic and chronological. However, for those few who brave the waters during these two mini campaigns, whatever victories they, and their AI captains, have achieved will follow onto next year's campaign. In that sense, these mini campaigns can be thought of as backstory, albeit loosely.

I played in a solo campaign for WGF this past year, and am starting one for WGS this month - a little late to that party. I can attest that the campaign was a lot of fun, gave me a chance to learn through playing, reading AARs, and experimenting with house rules, and helped me connect to a dozen folks. I also learned history and about technology as some players based their missions on historical events. It was well worth the time. I am looking forward to the same happening here.