Thread: What's on Your Workbench for April?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    I had to go back and check the file on the indiaman. It turns out I printed that one in 1:700... It looked too big and it was too big.

Yes, Rob. I've got a 3D resin printer. It's an Anycubic Photon mono. It's quite cheap, and compared to what they cost just a few years ago it was a steal. It's very easy to operate, but the cleaning and curing afterwards is quite a hassle. I just bought a wash and cure station, so I'll see if that helps.
    The Mono is the top of my list. I may just start out with the pickle basket and UV nail curer first though. I am taking a long time to pull the trigger but that has more to do with broaching the subject with the admiral then anything else!

I have found some good YouTube channels with tips and equipment for washing and curing. One guy is called "Uncle Jessy" and he has a list of cheap tools to help. (sorry I can't link YT at work).

Which resin have you been using?

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    The Mono is the top of my list. I may just start out with the pickle basket and UV nail curer first though. I am taking a long time to pull the trigger but that has more to do with broaching the subject with the admiral then anything else!

I have found some good YouTube channels with tips and equipment for washing and curing. One guy is called "Uncle Jessy" and he has a list of cheap tools to help. (sorry I can't link YT at work).

Which resin have you been using?
    I've seen most videos by Uncle Jessy, but also of other resin printing youtubers. Those who actually have tried the Wash & Cure 2.0 have all agreed that it's expensive and worth it, and I agree. You can print without it, but for me it was not just soo much easier but also stopped me from breaking the models by brushing them too hard with a toothbrush or not cleaning them enough and letting liquid resin stay on the miniature and curing onto the model basically ruining it. Now I even use an ordinary cleaner instead of isopropanyl for cleaning and it works perfectly.

I'm still on my first bottle and it's anycubics own resin, standard transparent green. Someone told me transparent is better at curing effectively and they were out of blue and red.

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    I've seen most videos by Uncle Jessy, but also of other resin printing youtubers. Those who actually have tried the Wash & Cure 2.0 have all agreed that it's expensive and worth it, and I agree. You can print without it, but for me it was not just soo much easier but also stopped me from breaking the models by brushing them too hard with a toothbrush or not cleaning them enough and letting liquid resin stay on the miniature and curing onto the model basically ruining it. Now I even use an ordinary cleaner instead of isopropanyl for cleaning and it works perfectly.

I'm still on my first bottle and it's anycubics own resin, standard transparent green. Someone told me transparent is better at curing effectively and they were out of blue and red.
    Thanks I did notice that Anycubic's original Wash &Cure was on ebay for less than 100USD a few months ago, but I missed it. I may get the 2.0 then. I have seen dozens of off brand UV curing stations on Amazon but they are still in the 50USD range plus all the other supplies and headaches sounds like it is easier with the W&C station.