Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
I agree they look excellent!! I'll be ordering a bunch. BTW - The line that you put your foot on is the "ratline", the vertical lines are the "shrouds". When you climb you use the shrouds for your hands as they are more secure than the ratlines (See first Hornblower episode), also you don't want the guy above to step on your hand!

Eric
Thanks for setting me straight on the terms... I'm really just a landlubber (How did I get in charge of this ship the Anchorage anyways???)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
Keith, these look great!! It looks like you tried some brush on black? How do they paint up and hold color? Besides a huge SoG order you can expect from me I'll be testing these on some of the Langton and GHQ minis as well. The detail, regardless of scale, is awesome!
I used an old permanent marker (Sharpie) on one of the two I test fitted last night. The ink went on okay, but I think if it was a newer or "wetter" marker, it would have worked better. Two coats would help a lot as well. I think you will have to be careful hand brushing these... the opening between the ratlines are super fine and will clog easily if you don't thin your paint enough. I'm just going to be test fitting them in the raw bass from here on out. When I go to actually do up my ships, I'll airbrush them black.

These come with a vacuumed sealed clear sheet on both sides, so they are protected nicely until you are ready to use them. They almost fell like they are laminated.

I was extremely impressed with the fine detail of these. They turned out way better than I imagined could be possible. I'm almost concerned that they will make any rigging lines I add look way over scale.