Thread: Black Seas

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Warlord Games just posted some preview photos for upcoming ships to be added to the existing Black Seas line. 64s, Santa Ana 1st rate, gun ketch and 4th rates. These are all preproduction images, but they've increased the mast details and it even looks like the yards have been moved more forward from the masts? Some of the older ships are included in these previews for size comparisons.
    They do look better. They need to step up their game with all the 3d printers out there now. Jim have you read WL new shipping policy? $50 minimum order to the US. I usually order bits and bobs from them or sprues and get their sets at conventions.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    They do look better. They need to step up their game with all the 3d printers out there now. Jim have you read WL new shipping policy? $50 minimum order to the US. I usually order bits and bobs from them or sprues and get their sets at conventions.
    Oh, yes, the Warlords shipping policy is causing quite a stir on Facebook. More than one person has said they're done with Warlords. And it's not just US customers as this issue is impacting EU customers as well as others across the globe.
    Last edited by Nightmoss; 03-28-2021 at 09:05. Reason: typo
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Oh, yes, the Warlords shipping policy is causing quite a stir on Facebook. More than one person has said they're done with Warlords. An it's not just US customers as this issue is impacting EU customers as well as others across the globe.
    Yes I sent them a rather stiff email earlier this week as well -- I order a number of smaller items from them like bases for my new Sharp Practice and Infamy, Infamy armies not to mention my daughter gave me 2 Black Seas starter sets for Christmas that I wanted to augment -- but not with the shipping policies they now have in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    Yes I sent them a rather stiff email earlier this week as well -- I order a number of smaller items from them like bases for my new Sharp Practice and Infamy, Infamy armies not to mention my daughter gave me 2 Black Seas starter sets for Christmas that I wanted to augment -- but not with the shipping policies they now have in place.
    Oh very nice. I don't mine a price increase per se but I rarely make a large enough order to even qualify. Germans for Infamy Infamy are in the painting que for me. At the latest Virtual Lard last weekend someone ran a Lord of the Rings version of Infamy!

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Oh very nice. I don't mine a price increase per se but I rarely make a large enough order to even qualify. Germans for Infamy Infamy are in the painting que for me. At the latest Virtual Lard last weekend someone ran a Lord of the Rings version of Infamy!
    Eric --I'm just getting started on painting for Infamy, Infamy, but on the Lard front I am pretty far along for Sharp Practice forces for French & Indian War and American Civil War -- here are some pics:

Name:  F & I 3.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  222.0 KB

Name:  F & I.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  185.5 KB

Name:  F & I 2.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  225.1 KB

Name:  Sharp Practice 5.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  213.0 KB

Name:  ACW 3.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  193.4 KB

Name:  ACW 1.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  173.8 KB

Perhaps if Historicon ever happens again, we could meet up there for some Lard action....
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wentworth View Post
    Eric --I'm just getting started on painting for Infamy, Infamy, but on the Lard front I am pretty far along for Sharp Practice forces for French & Indian War and American Civil War -- here are some pics:

Perhaps if Historicon ever happens again, we could meet up there for some Lard action....
    Bill
    Very nice! Love those grenadiers! Yes indeed let's keep our fingers crossed for November! It will be in Valley Forge which should make it a bit of a shorter drive from NY!

Stats Committee
    2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bill

Very nice! Love those grenadiers! Yes indeed let's keep our fingers crossed for November! It will be in Valley Forge which should make it a bit of a shorter drive from NY!
    I've got my room lined up already for November -- it has been quite some time since I have been to Valley Forge. Playing my first game of Sharp Practice on April 16 -- French & Indian War.

Oh, yes, the Warlords shipping policy is causing quite a stir on Facebook. More than one person has said they're done with Warlords. An it's not just US customers as this issue is impacting EU customers as well as others across the globe.
    I had a little back and forth with someone affiliated with WL on twitter who was quite vociferously defending them, blaming Brexit and the USPS! He never responded to my comment about the order minimum.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I had a little back and forth with someone affiliated with WL on twitter who was quite vociferously defending them, blaming Brexit and the USPS! He never responded to my comment about the order minimum.
    Not to belabor the side topic, but if I read some of the Facebook comments correctly they (meaning Warlords) haven't yet figured out how they're going to apply new Value Added Taxes once those have been calculated post Brexit!? I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. As Rob has mentioned elsewhere we can be glad that 3D printing is coming into its own with all the worldwide issues impacting us these days.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Not to belabor the side topic, but if I read some of the Facebook comments correctly they (meaning Warlords) haven't yet figured out how they're going to apply new Value Added Taxes once those have been calculated post Brexit!? I'm afraid it's only going to get worse. As Rob has mentioned elsewhere we can be glad that 3D printing is coming into its own with all the worldwide issues impacting us these days.
    Frankly, my suspicion is that once the technology matures to give finer resolutions, traditional miniatures manufacturing will be on borrowed time. The craftsmen will just print their own and the prepaint-preassembled market will contract to those demanding higher fidelity at premium prices, just as we're seeing with the slow death of traditional scale modeling and model railroading.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Oh, yes, the Warlords shipping policy is causing quite a stir on Facebook. More than one person has said they're done with Warlords. And it's not just US customers as this issue is impacting EU customers as well as others across the globe.
    I guess things will get even more exciting when the EU brings in the same rules in the Summer :/