Threaded View

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDog7 View Post
    Diamondback, what is your preferred method for getting data on the forts to you?

My group played the "Plunder the Town" scenario a while back (with fairly disastrous results for our British squadron and the hanging of our admiral for gross incompetence) and it got me interested in Admiral Vernon's failed attempt to capture Cartagena de los Indias in 1741. I've been researching the campaign with the intent of writing a series of linked scenarios for our group. There appears to be limited data online, but I have located a number of written sources on the defenses of Cartagena including Admiral Vernon's account (a digitized copy with a poorly executed OCR conversion of the text). I have located a map dating from 1741 which shows the layout of the Boca Chica forts and batteries by a Royal engineer assigned to the expedition.

By the way, two of the forts on Hispania Sails website are from Cartagena: San Luis de Boca Chica and Manzanillo.
    Gimme some time to clear a little room in my inbox, and I'll PM you my direct line. Really must remember to set up a "burner" account for Ares business... EDIT: How bad gets a hang-on-the spot? My last game, I had to suffer the ignominy of being beaten by a tyrannosaur... then again, it was a near thing and there was a Meat Lover's pizza for the winner hanging in the balance. (Then again, I do tend to be a better "teacher" than "doer"... most of the young ladies I took out and taught to shoot in college outscored me in "bench" stuff pretty regularly.)

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Just realised this is the same outfit that sells the unauthorised copies of Rod Langtons 1/1200 models turned into wrecks :(
    So if Ares were to offer them a deal after cracking the whip, requiring they square up with Rod should be a non-negotiable condition of it.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 02-19-2018 at 23:20.
    --Diamondback
    PMH, SME, TLA, BBB
    Historical Consultant to Ares, Wings and Sails - Unless otherwise noted, all comments are strictly Personal Opinion ONLY and not to be taken as official Company Policy.