Hybrid View

Stats Committee
    Captain
    Sweden

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Jonas

A little older than most ships I've seen in from the game so far. About a century older than Trincomalee.

Nice to see a little more of non-British, French, Spanish ship. I'm not playing but apart from USS Constitution is there any?

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post
    A little older than most ships I've seen in from the game so far. About a century older than Trincomalee.

Nice to see a little more of non-British, French, Spanish ship. I'm not playing but apart from USS Constitution is there any?
    There are several other nations outside of the big ones on the design table. If memory serves they just gave the go ahead on bringing a Danish ship into the game. Play balance and other design factors are the big obstacles to having more ships in game at the present time.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by TexaS View Post

Yes:

New ships in game as of May update:

Ingermanland (posted above by Jim) 66 gun Russian 4th rate circa 1715 (which is why you still have the sprit tops'l).
    Rattlesnake. US 20 gun privateer (ship-sloop rig) circa AWI. A very fast and maneuverable ship also posted above - I have a yellow speed Snake two of us took out a Pirate LGV the other night (he was boarding modded and his fire suffered for it).
    Indiaman - Generic HEIC company ship - modeled after the Falmouth -the large one 1300 tons with 26 18 lb guns (technically a British ship though).

Others:

Fair American - US brig model for generic brig and the navy brig version in game.
    Mercury - Russian 20 gun brig of 1820
    Frigate - small 18 lb 5th rate modeled after a Russian ship whose name slips my mind atm.
    Lynx and Privateer - both modeled after the US privateer schooner Lynx
    USS Essex
    USS Niagara
    St. Paval - Russian 80 gun 2nd rate SOL

Oh and the Yacht is Dutch.

Upcoming ships include a Danish ship, an Ocean class SOL, a Spanish frigate and I believe a Dutch ship.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Yes:

New ships in game as of May update:

Ingermanland (posted above by Jim) 66 gun Russian 4th rate circa 1715 (which is why you still have the sprit tops'l).
    Rattlesnake. US 20 gun privateer (ship-sloop rig) circa AWI. A very fast and maneuverable ship also posted above - I have a yellow speed Snake two of us took out a Pirate LGV the other night (he was boarding modded and his fire suffered for it).
    Indiaman - Generic HEIC company ship - modeled after the Falmouth -the large one 1300 tons with 26 18 lb guns (technically a British ship though).

Others:

Fair American - US brig model for generic brig and the navy brig version in game.
    Mercury - Russian 20 gun brig of 1820
    Frigate - small 18 lb 5th rate modeled after a Russian ship whose name slips my mind atm.
    Lynx and Privateer - both modeled after the US privateer schooner Lynx
    USS Essex
    USS Niagara
    St. Paval - Russian 80 gun 2nd rate SOL

Oh and the Yacht is Dutch.

Upcoming ships include a Danish ship, an Ocean class SOL, a Spanish frigate and I believe a Dutch ship.
    Eric, any idea when the Orient is going to hit the waves? I keep telling folks it was larger than the Santisima, but they don't believe me. I want to see how the devs model it and then compare it side by side with my Santi.
    "It's not the towering sails, but the unseen wind that moves a ship."
    –English Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Eric, any idea when the Orient is going to hit the waves? I keep telling folks it was larger than the Santisima, but they don't believe me. I want to see how the devs model it and then compare it side by side with my Santi.
    Not sure. A little while ago one of the modelers was in our TeamSpeak channel and posted up some images of the Bucentuare model. I think we may see her before the Orient.