Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Those ships certainly sit very well Dobbs.
    I might have even considered doing it myself, but with over a hundred bases...........
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Those ships certainly sit very well Dobbs.
    I might have even considered doing it myself, but with over a hundred bases...........
    Rob.
    With around forty bases myself, I am doing a few at a time. I had extras left from scrapped ships, so I started by doing two, so I could play duels, but didn't want to commit myself until I got player feedback about how the thinner bases interacted with big fingers. That has been mostly positive. I now have six and am going for twelve. If it looks like I can get enough players to get more than that many ships on the table, I won't hesitate to make more.

I store my ships in their boxes, so the one tweak is that I had to make a thin foam insert to go under the new thinner base to keep it from being sloppy in the box. I just use some 1/8" craft foam from Walmart, shaped to the size of the original base and cut with scissors.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

Good idea Dobbs.
    I also have a couple of spare bases. I might just try them out with the ships I'm doing for the Chilean war of independence.
    Rob.
    The Business of the commander-in-chief is first to bring an enemy fleet to battle on the most advantageous terms to himself, (I mean that of laying his ships close on board the enemy, as expeditiously as possible); and secondly to continue them there until the business is decided.

Stats Committee
    Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    Good idea Dobbs.
    I also have a couple of spare bases. I might just try them out with the ships I'm doing for the Chilean war of independence.
    Rob.
    Ah, yes... about those Chilean corvettes... I haven't made any progress in that direction yet.

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

No worries Dobbs.
    I have plenty of other ships to bring up to fighting standard in the meantime.
    Rob.