Thread: A new threat to the British Fleet.

Hybrid View

Admiral of the Fleet.
    Baron
    England

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Rob

I am really sorry that Ares have put you in this position DB.
    I know how it feels when we advise film Directors on Historical points and then they ignore the correct weapons, costume etc, but still add our names to the credits for Historical research, and I'm not trying to make a living at it.
    I would like to see an answer to this latest with a reason given. It's the least they can do for you.
    Rob.

2nd Lieutenant
    United States

Log Entries
    Blog Entries
    Name
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
    I am really sorry that Ares have put you in this position DB.
    I know how it feels when we advise film Directors on Historical points and then they ignore the correct weapons, costume etc, but still add our names to the credits for Historical research, and I'm not trying to make a living at it.
    I would like to see an answer to this latest with a reason given. It's the least they can do for you.
    Rob.
    It can actually work in your favor. Look at the guys who did the historical research for the Braveheart movie! That movie looks like a really bad sci-fi flick. Wallace wearing a mullet AND a Kilt AND painting his face blue? Really? The consultants for Braveheart are very well regarded for their work. They forced the production company to literally deny basic historical details for the sake of the box office. It's all a consultant can do; provide facts, dates and historical context. The movie makers can either ignore or embrace the historicity of events.