Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
Melvin, Ares has a hard cutoff date of sometime in 1815 for this game. I'm not sure if it's end of War of 1812, end of the Hundred Days or end of calendar-year, but you need not fear ironclads in SGN, they're at this point Not Gonna Happen. This is direct from specs and guidance they've given me as one of their historical consultants, so treat it as pretty solid.

After SGN is on its feet, I wouldn't rule out a separate ACW line as a possibility, but if it happens it will probably be a separate line, not interoperable with SGN. Really, I'd think that Sail, SAil/Steam Transition, Pre-Dreadnought and Dreadnought Era would require four separate variants on the game engine if Ares were to do them, and my money is to not see the latter three--the era of "barbette/turret" warships is already well-represented by easily-assembled offerings from other lines, and I think Ares is trying to go for the "Sail for the Dexterity Challenged" market.
"Sailing for the Dexterity Challenged" Makes me wonder why Ares (or anyone) hasn't gone with a more click based naval miniatures game (collectible or otherwise)? Probably too expensive to produce and you'd still have the issue of scale, sailing and measurements.