Thread: Hello! New player on the seas!

Hybrid View

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Sarah

I feel like I remember seeing a few of those miniatures a long time ago, but I never got into them. Warhammer 40K was my first miniatures game. Eventually worked my way here, lol.

My brother actually also requested I ask you guys a question too, if that's alright? As of right now we only have the starter set (more ships inbound though) and I'm playing as the British. So far I've won every game, so he was wondering if anyone had any tips to pass on for him? Specifically he's been playing the Aquilon and the Unite, against my Vanguard and Meleager.

I think I've just been getting lucky, but he's starting to get frustrated, considering he hasn't actually sunk any of my ships yet (although he got close to sinking the Meleager last time).

Captain of the Fleet
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by NatKerensky View Post
    My brother actually also requested I ask you guys a question too, if that's alright? As of right now we only have the starter set (more ships inbound though) and I'm playing as the British. So far I've won every game, so he was wondering if anyone had any tips to pass on for him? Specifically he's been playing the Aquilon and the Unite, against my Vanguard and Meleager.

I think I've just been getting lucky, but he's starting to get frustrated, considering he hasn't actually sunk any of my ships yet (although he got close to sinking the Meleager last time).
    For the French, try the tactic of long range shooting, rather than getting close. Wear down the enemy at long range and first damage then move away and fire again.Theory being by time they fire back their fire value will be much lower.
    Works for me at least.