Thread: March 2016 - Apres le Tempete - Deuxieme Lieutenant Jean le Vagabond

Threaded View

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
    Three Royal Navy ships sunk just like that. Must be fantasy. Impossible....or should that be "inconceivable", unless that word does not mean what I think it means.

My only question is this...did the French win because they somehow manage to sneak in an extra ship, Le Berwick? Sneaky French!

Mr Dragon
    We had to loan the Royal Navy, Impeteuex, a long, sleek and beautiful French ship, so it's only fair that we use one of their short, fat, ugly ones to make up the numbers. I'm a little surprised that you would think that there could be anyother outcome of a battle between the two sides when Deuxieme Lieutenant Jean le Vagabond is in command of the main gun deck on the last ship into action.

And another thing, it was Le Swiftsure not Berwick, you seem to have trouble with ship names of late, I recollect mildly reprimanding you on this point recently, please don't let it turn into a habit.

I remember when I was much younger driving Bumper cars at the fair, the game was just like that. I played using the 2 turns planning rule and I'm useless with it. I'm going back to just planning 1 turn in the future.

Thanks for the Rep, that is much appreciated, and also for reading my true and honest account of the action even if you found it "Inconceivable " I've started on the next report so I'll maybe finish it July. but I'll try and do better.

Cheers
    Last edited by Vagabond; 04-22-2023 at 03:53.