Thread: Shoving off

Default Shoving off

Hello all,

Just thought I would let you know I have decided to resign from SoG service and sell off my Captain level pledge.

Once it is approved you will see my post is the marketplace.

While I am still excited about this game I just cannot justify keeping it. I have no one to play with locally and my interests have turned to other games that my sons are interested in. My gaming time is limited with new school and work requirements, so it seems silly to just leave it all in the box when someone else could be enjoying it.

I still plan to lurk about the forums on occassion.

Take care,

Aaron

Sorry to see you go Aaron. Maybe I'll run into you on the Bolt Action forums!

Eric

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Aaron, I'm sorry to hear you're going to be moving away from SoG, but from previous posts and your blog you have a lot of active gaming interests already.

This wretched Winter has made it very difficult to get out and about (I may have been to the local gaming store once in the last 3 months?), so I'm in the same position as you with no one locally to play the game with. I still hope to get to a Illinois/Wisconsin meet up sometime this Spring (if that ever happens)? Perhaps you'll be able to make one of those?

Don't be a stranger, and take care!

Jim

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Aaron, I am sorry to see you leave, but I do understand the time issue. I hope to see you at scrambles and some local cons.

I was thinking about you last night. I received a bunch of A&A ships from a friend, and was organizing them. Though they won't be the mainstay of a WWII naval collection, they are a start. Thanks again for introducing me to that genre of gaming.

Please don't be a stranger, here, and I hope to see you on the 'Drome.

Until we meet again -

Aaron, good luck with your future gaming, hope you do pop in here for comments when you can.

Admiral. R.I.P.
    Admiral
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

We are sorry to lose you, Aaron. Best wishes.

2nd Lieutenant
    Serbia

Log Entries
    Name
    Heмaњa

Sorry to hear that...

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Aaron, I am sorry to see you leave, but I do understand the time issue. I hope to see you at scrambles and some local cons.

I was thinking about you last night. I received a bunch of A&A ships from a friend, and was organizing them. Though they won't be the mainstay of a WWII naval collection, they are a start. Thanks again for introducing me to that genre of gaming.

Please don't be a stranger, here, and I hope to see you on the 'Drome.

Until we meet again -
    I look forward to seeing your collection. Looking ahead at the schedule it appears my new military position will keep me from attending NAVCON this fall. Planning to make Little Wars at the end of April and assuming ROCKCON still happens it is always a favorite.

Like I said I will still be lurking about and of course would be happy to play at a con or something.

In the long wait for the kickstarter we discovered another game system my son really enjoys so I need to take advantage of that while I can as he will be off to college in another year or so. So many games...to little time.

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I doubt you will ever regret swapping games to play more with your son. May you both drink deeply from that well.

The lookouts will always be watching to see your sails on the horizon, my Friend.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Good luck in your military position and by all means have fun with your son while he is still lurking around the house.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Tommy

Good Luck & Fair Winds!