Thread: CIRCVS MAXIMVS

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Like FOW
    I can't say I disagree with that. The reason I play the game is because I thought ASL was dead and this was the game everyone was playing. You can imagine my horror when, after having sold off all my ASL stuff only a month before, I went to a nearby convention and there were (30) people playing ASL. Oh the horror. Even several of the big FoW supporters in Texas have openly said they are looking for an alternative. It's just nuts that no one is even trying to present us with a competing product.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    I can't say I disagree with that. The reason I play the game is because I thought ASL was dead and this was the game everyone was playing. You can imagine my horror when, after having sold off all my ASL stuff only a month before, I went to a nearby convention and there were (30) people playing ASL. Oh the horror. Even several of the big FoW supporters in Texas have openly said they are looking for an alternative. It's just nuts that no one is even trying to present us with a competing product.
    Well I've always thought "Battlefront WWII" was a great game. Fireball Forward seems to be getting a lot of traction these days as is "Chain of Command" (I have not tried either yet). Bolt Action is fun (see Aaron's AARs) but certainly not the at the level of ASL. Simple d6 system with not a lot of special rules and exceptions to learn or purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Well I've always thought "Battlefront WWII" was a great game. Fireball Forward seems to be getting a lot of traction these days as is "Chain of Command" (I have not tried either yet). Bolt Action is fun (see Aaron's AARs) but certainly not the at the level of ASL. Simple d6 system with not a lot of special rules and exceptions to learn or purchase.
    None of those are at the needed level of unit representation or level of force. Something like a streamlined ASL set up for miniatures would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Blozinski View Post
    None of those are at the needed level of unit representation or level of force. Something like a streamlined ASL set up for miniatures would be great.
    I hear you. I just was perusing the ASL page on BGG and thought about selling my collection! The prices for original materials are crazy!