Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: WHO WILL GET THEIR PACKAGE FIRST?

Midshipman
    Scotland

Log Entries
    Name
    Gaz

The retailer, if he's one of the lucky ones that has received his boxes, may also be a Kickstarter backer at "Admiral of the fleet", that would explain why he has them in stock. Or he's just lying.....

Able Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Steven

I was going to say, the retailer could have backed the Kickstarter. I know my local shop did.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPF View Post
    There is also the question of what days the warehouse folks are actually working.

They may well have been closed yesterday and today.
    Which warehouse? Alliance, or UPS at Hodgekins? Because Alliance got the package out, and UPS website Holiday Page seemed to indicate their only Holidays possibly affecting this KS were the Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve, & New Years Day.

I love that UPS (and FedEx, who had the same issue) called in extra help for yesterday to get the deliveries which were due the 24th caught up. However, after further research, it appears both are still a day or two behind, and they are artificially inflating the delivery date by said day or two to CYA the problem.

Christmas isn't the only deadline folks had for packages. I'm glad they took action on those, but wish they'd keep pressing on until they get completely caught up. Very frustrated right now, as UPS delivers to our neighborhood around 7pm, and my youngest heads back to university the next morning.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 12-27-2013 at 09:16. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    I'm still waiting for a date too Ed, were you a Commodore or Captain KS?
    I am both, Dan.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Thanks Jim, I just put a comment on there about it... just my thoughts, but perhaps it will help.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I am both, Dan.
    But what was your actual pledge level with out addons?

Quote Originally Posted by The Royal Hajj View Post
    But what was your actual pledge level with out addons?
    I got an OK for EB Commodore and EB Captain from Ares.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

So you were able to select two different pledge levels within the Kickstarter software?

So you were able to select two different pledge levels within the Kickstarter software?
    No, I had to email for the OK. I can PM you with their response if you like.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

No need. I'm sure Ares accommodated you however you needed. I think Berthier was asking to see how it fit into what pledge levels or pledge dates were being shipped. The former would be based on that pledge level KS spit you out as.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Thanks Jim, I just put a comment on there about it... just my thoughts, but perhaps it will help.
    You're welcome, Keith. Another retailer/distributor (William Dettmers) has also commented just a few minutes ago that they've received nothing and offered up some of the same points you did. They don't expect to see anything outside of backer items until well into January.

First Naval Lord
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Keith

Yes, his comments line up with the Street Date I got from Ares as well.

Still no email notification or Lieutenant package. Maybe next week.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Apparently mine is enjoying a stopover in Chicago, having been posted on the 23rd. So we will (hopefully) soon know how speedy the overseas service is.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Still no email for me either. Even if the warehouse is working some hours next week, UPS won't be moving anything at all on the 31st and 1st. I'll be lucky if I see anything before January 10th at this rate.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Apparently mine is enjoying a stopover in Chicago, having been posted on the 23rd. So we will (hopefully) soon know how speedy the overseas service is.
    If the stopover is in the vicinity Bloomington I would guess Eric and Sue are still playing. Your package will be further delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmoss View Post
    Still no email for me either. Even if the warehouse is working some hours next week, UPS won't be moving anything at all on the 31st and 1st. I'll be lucky if I see anything before January 10th at this rate.
    I'm on the same coal barge.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Cmmdre View Post
    If the stopover is in the vicinity Bloomington I would guess Eric and Sue are still playing. Your package will be further delayed.
    If so I would be more than happy for it to be wintering with them

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Paul

Name:  v0_master.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  20.0 KB

Brrrr...winter in Chicago.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

We have another livid KS backer posting on the comments section claiming his online game supplier has SoG in stock, etc., etc., etc. I think folks who really wanted to play over the holidays are becoming more than a tad emotional.

Now please forgive me while I go to the corner a cry silently.

That would be more than enough time for Eric to rectify your misguided views on the War of 1812.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

FWIW - I didn't get an email either, but my ships set sail yesterday according to, "My UPS" tracking. The shipper's description says, "Captain's Pledge" in the description area. It's the only thing I am expecting from Ft. Wayne. So many who didn't get an email might still have ships shipped. I'm guessing the email batch they sent today only includes those through 12/24. But it's just a guess.

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    That would be more than enough time for Eric to rectify your misguided views on the War of 1812.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Funny story a couple of years ago. I had to arrest an attorney in open court for contempt of court. When the attorney asked what he did that was so contemptuous, the judge replied, "Battery upon a deceased Equine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    FWIW - I didn't get an email either, but my ships set sail yesterday according to, "My UPS" tracking. The shipper's description says, "Captain's Pledge" in the description area. It's the only thing I am expecting from Ft. Wayne. So many who didn't get an email might still have ships shipped. I'm guessing the email batch they sent today only includes those through 12/24. But it's just a guess.
    Likewise. I have Capt + Lt + some smoke clouds. So stuff with some level of customization is going out. Scheduled to land in the Seattle area on 1/3...

Surveyor of the Navy
    Captain
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Funny story a couple of years ago. I had to arrest an attorney in open court for contempt of court. When the attorney asked what he did that was so contemptuous, the judge replied, "Battery upon a deceased Equine!"
    indeed!!

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Scott

Ugh. Still no tracking information. Just waiting... waiting... waiting... for my EB LT (with a few extras) package.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by fredmiracle View Post
    Likewise. I have Capt + Lt + some smoke clouds. So stuff with some level of customization is going out. Scheduled to land in the Seattle area on 1/3...
    Failed to mention earlier... I had extras as well. So they are through with base pledges I'd guess.

Midshipman
    UK

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

That will be very interesting to see how long it takes to arrive. Then I'll know how long to expect to wait once mine dispatches.

EB LT with a bunch of extras - no e-mail except for the Ares KS update stating that no news is bad news!

Although I am not familiar with "My UPS tracking", especially no having a tracking # ! Maybe I should check the UPS web site...

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

Well, this just gets stranger and stranger. UPS just dropped off two of the SoG mats that are part of my EB Commodore pledge. No ships, no other extras, just 2 of the 3 mats.

To illustrate how they're shipping them I've got two photos to share. Obviously I would have preferred my ships instead of the mats, but I'll take this indication of movement as a good sign (unless somehow Eric and Sue hijacked my ships as they passed through Illinois?!?). Ack!?!

P.S. Never received any email from anyone. FYI.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Retired Admiral of the Fleet
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

I received an email stating that if I did not receive an email with a tracking number, nothings has been shipped. I did not receive an email with a tracking number. Nothing has been shipped.

Tomorrow, I am heading home to Chicago, picking up a few buddies from my neighborhood, and scouring the city for Sails of Glory packages awaiting to be, shall we say, found. Jim, we prefer the term procure to hijack.

Are those shipping labels direct onto the box or is the box in plastic tha needs to be removed? If onto the box it suggests the warehouse is getting them out ASAP regardless of aesthetics!

I ordered EB Commodore and mats and extras, no notifications of any kind from anyone yet except the update to say they had shipped 60% of KS orders

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

A very kind gesture.

Hopefully, you will have them before long. I imagine you will have a busy year GMing games.

I was just at JoAnn Fabrics looking at different types of bins/containers in anticipation of transporting SoG and WoG to cons this year - something to keep me going while we wait.

Quote Originally Posted by 7eat51 View Post
    Tomorrow, I am heading home to Chicago, picking up a few buddies from my neighborhood, and scouring the city for Sails of Glory packages awaiting to be, shall we say, found. Jim, we prefer the term procure to hijack.
    South Halsted Street & West 77th Street...a good place to start

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

South Halsted Street & West 77th Street...a good place to start
    Actually, it's not.

Actually, it's not.
    Other suggestions:

South Homan Avenue & West Roosevelt Road

South Ashland Avenue & West 76th Street

South Indiana Avenue & East 60th Street

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Bobby, if you ever visit the Southside, you will understand why none of the addresses you sent are "good" places to start.

Now, I am homesick.

Admiral of the White
    Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Jim

I received an email stating that if I did not receive an email with a tracking number, nothings has been shipped. I did not receive an email with a tracking number. Nothing has been shipped.

Ah, yes. . .procure is better terminology. Somewhat like the pirate "guidelines rather than actual rules. . "

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    Are those shipping labels direct onto the box or is the box in plastic tha needs to be removed? If onto the box it suggests the warehouse is getting them out ASAP regardless of aesthetics!

I ordered EB Commodore and mats and extras, no notifications of any kind from anyone yet except the update to say they had shipped 60% of KS orders
    The two boxes are taped together at top and bottom with the mailing labels directly on the cardboard surface.

Sounds like that section of Chicago hasn't changed since I lived there.

Bobby, if you ever visit the Southside, you will understand why none of the addresses you sent are "good" places to start.

Now, I am homesick.
    Compared to Detroit, Chicago isn't so bad.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nei...neighborhoods/

No argument here.

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Now I understand why you were sending me to these intersections. I knew there weren't UPS or FedEx depots there, but given you're from Texas and unfamiliar with the city, I assumed you were looking at some type of shipping something.

I wonder how large of areas these neighborhoods are. There are some places in the city that are more dangerous than ones listed, though the ones listed are definitely rough.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by DeRuyter View Post
    Although I am not familiar with "My UPS tracking", especially no having a tracking # ! Maybe I should check the UPS web site...
    it's a free service UPS offers that allows you to see if any packages are being sent to your name & address. You may add other household member's names or alternates of yours as well. They also email you the day before and the day of delivery, and allow for you to leave delivery instructions such as, "leave with neighbor" or "leave at back door" e.g.

As for the labels on the mat box, boo! :angry: I like keeping them in their box for transport. As a Law Enforcement Officer, I don't like having my name & address lying around whilst I'm playing, and marking it out is tacky, but will be done.

Master & Commander
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

My map box arrived yesterday -- as the website said it wasn't arriving until the 27th....

And the UPS labels came off without damaging the box. Recommendation: Use a fingernail to peel up each corner, then *very* slowly lift off the label. If the label starts to rip, stop, and either start on another corner or use the fingernail to peel up the part of the label on the other side of the rip.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Curtis

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    My map box arrived yesterday -- as the website said it wasn't arriving until the 27th....

And the UPS labels came off without damaging the box. Recommendation: Use a fingernail to peel up each corner, then *very* slowly lift off the label. If the label starts to rip, stop, and either start on another corner or use the fingernail to peel up the part of the label on the other side of the rip.
    That'll work? Excellent!

Landsman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Bob

I received my 2 mats today, a week after my Captains level stuff. I now have everything I ordered but I need to figure out how to get the shipping labels off the mat box.(I don't have any nails,I bite my nails)

Comptroller of the Navy Board
    Captain
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    [RESTRICTED]

Carefully hit the sticker with just a little Goo Gone? Dunno what it'll do to the cardboard though....

Admiral
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    (I don't have any nails,I bite my nails)
    Since you often stand between Beth and me in WoG games, I fully understand.

Ordinary Seaman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Carefully hit the sticker with just a little Goo Gone? Dunno what it'll do to the cardboard though....
    Can't say for sure on how it will do with this specific cardboard. But I will tell you that Star Wars collectors regularly use Goo Gone to remove price tags if done slowly and buffed out with a soft rag/paper towel you can remove any traces of stickers. In fact I have seen that done with vintage figures as well so even a 30 year old price tag can be removed and cleaned up easily. I doubt the ups label on these boxes will be any different.

Midshipman
    United States

Log Entries
    Name
    Timothy

Since you often stand between Beth and me in WoG games, I fully understand.
    Roger that!!!